Monday, May 31, 2010

Galley Cabinet/ Interior Cabinet

First off, I updated yesterdays post, so check it.


I finished off the galley cabinet tonight. It was fairly straightforward. I first removed all the clamps and weight, and checked the strength of the bond (pretty dang strong). I then cut two pieces of masonite to fit as doors (I made them 25" long so they'd overlap by an inch in the middle.) Luckily I forgot to put glue on the spar holding the top rails, because after an unsuccessful attempt to bend the masonite sheets to go into the rails, I realized I would have to remove the top rail and reinstall it over the sliding doors. I had to readjust it once more after the doors were in, because one side was too narrow, making the doors stick when they slid to that side. They're now slicker than snot on a doorknob.


Here thay are closed. the little metal finger hole cups were salvaged from the original tent trailer.


I began building the wardrobe inside the cabin. I installed a very simple drawer in the center which will work well for holding toiletries or my netbook if we want to watch a movie on a rainy day. This photo also shows one of the cooler slides in the cabin.

Total Costs to date:
--------------------------
Prev Total: 547.22
------------------------
1 sheet of 1/2" plywood - $20
--------------------------
TOTAL $567.22


No comments:

Post a Comment