Thursday, May 27, 2010

Door Skin Solved / Mattress


OK, the door skin crisis has been averted. I used a new sheet of masonite and started driving in the screws from the bottom of the door (which, as it turns out, is square). Once I got the sheet screwed down almost up to the hinge, I marked the hinge's position on top of the masonite, then used the router attachment on my dremel (actually it's a mastercraft brand rotary tool) to make the cut.

I also scored a foam mattress! Courtesy of Dwayne and Richard. It's actually two mattresses, but they are each only 3" thick so I think I'll use both of them. I suspect that they are from an old tent trailer. They each are about 4'x6', so they are around 6" shorter than the cabin floor. I don't think this is much of an issue though, I'll either find a bit of scrap foam to fill in the space or just use a few extra pillows.

Total costs to date:
-------------------------
Previous total: $502.22
-------------------------
(1) Sheet of masonite - $10.00
(2) 3" Foam mattresses - FREE
-------------------------
Subt: $10.00
-------------------------
TOTAL: $512.22

1 comment:

  1. Good thing there is the Moorehead clan there so you can get your "donations"
    LOL

    ReplyDelete