Tuesday, June 1, 2010

More Cabinetry

I carried on with the cabinetry today. I started with the face of the wardrobe, which I cut, test fitted, marked where I wanted holes for the drawer and doors, cut again, adjusted, then installed. I then made the cabinet doors. They were cut 3/4" outside the dimensions of the holes, simply because that was the hinge offset, and I wanted an even border all around for easy measuring. I still need to make a face for the drawer. I may wait until I can get at the router in the base woodshop to make a nice face, If I can't find something else suitable. Yes, I did notice the gap where the roof meets the cabinet. It's not a big deal, I'll be putting some moulding up there anyway.




I then installed the final panel of the wardrobe, which was the top rear panel. I installed it at an angle, and it was mitered on the bottom edge for a nicer appearance from the galley.
I then put in dividers under the galley counter, and attached a 1/2" plywood door to one side using a scrap bit of piano hinge that I had cut off the galley hatch hinge. The door was warped a bit, so I stuck a piece of 1/2" plywood in the door and screwed it closed in order to take the warp out of it.

I still haven't started another sheet of plywood, so the total cost is still $547.22

No comments:

Post a Comment