Sunday, June 20, 2010

Painting Finished




I put the second coat of exterior paint on today, then left it for about 1/2 hour to get tacky, and proceeded to start removing some of the masking. I started with the interior (since it was fully cured), and re-installed the cabinet doors. The colours are a little off in this photo, because the yellow walls distort the lighting. Also, the pics were taken with my Blackberry rather than my camera, so that doesn't help.


By this point the exterior paint was tacky enough to remove some of its masking, and I was really anxious to see how the galley turned out, so I peeled off all the tape and garbage bags. I think it looks pretty sharp, although there are a couple of spots where I got paint on the stained wood, so those will have to be fixed. I think I'll try using the #000 steel wool and some varsol to remove the paint, and then I'll touch the spots up with a light topcoat of the Polyshades.

People have been asking me what I have left to do, so I made a list. Here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment