Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Inside Paint

Well loyal readers, I've been very busy lately and haven't had a chance to give you an update, until now. These photos are actually a couple days old. They show the first coat of interior paint. There is a second coat in now, and I plan to give it a third for good measure. The paint i'm using is Behr Premium Plus or something like that, and it does a fairly good job of covering the stamps on the plywood, which is something I was concerned about.

The walls also have a nice even texture, because prior to painting I spread a layer of wood filler completely over each wall and then sanded it smooth. This smoothed out the deep grain and imperfections (remember, the walls are good-side-out), without resorting to endless hours of sanding.

The colour, chosen by Laura is called "Spiced Butternut." There is a photo of a room with one wall done in the same shade here. I wasn't too keen on it at first, but I have to admit, it's grown on me. Its a very calming colour (or perhaps I'm biased, being a Psych major and all). The square thing on the floor is one of the cupboard doors, to demonstrate the contrast in the shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment